Supported Data Types
Data Types supported by ClustrixDB include:
- DATE and DATETIME including Fractional Seconds
- DECIMAL (M,D)
- DOUBLE (M,D)
- DOUBLE PRECISION (M,D) (is treated as DOUBLE)
- ENUM ("A")
- FLOAT (M,D)
- NUMERIC (M,D) (is treated as DECIMAL)
- REAL (is treated as DOUBLE)
- SERIAL (is treated as BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT)
- SET ("A","B") SMALLINT TEXT TIME TIMESTAMP
Unsupported Data Types
ClustrixDB does not support:
Caveats for Data Type Support
- Boolean values (True, False, Null) are accepted in a DATETIME column. This matches the behavior for MySQL v5.5. MySQL v5.6 provides an error message.
- On ClustrixDB, supplying a zero value for day, month, or year within a date will in a zero date ('0000-00-00'). MySQL will issue an error (if the sql_mode for NO_ZERO_IN_DATE) is set, or allow zero value for the specific portion of the date.
- ClustrixDB permits table definitions that use the VARCHAR data type with no max length, and supply a default max length of 21845. MySQL does not permit this.
- When creating a column of type bit(0), MySQL will automatically create a bit(1). ClustrixDB will not allow you to create a column with type bit(0) and will provide an error message.