Welcome to the ClustrixDB technical documentation. Relational databases are cornerstones of the modern information age. We entrust them with our most valuable data, and base entire operational systems on their reliability and accuracy. Because they are at the heart of so many critical deployments, relational databases are some of the most carefully administered computer systems in the world. ClustrixDB greatly simplifies this administration. ClustrixDB runs in a variety of environments, comes with world-class monitoring tools and professional support, and scales to workloads large and small by simply adding or removing nodes.
ClustrixDB is a clustered SQL database that provides:
- Engineered from the ground up with a shared-nothing architecture. There is no MySQL code in ClustrixDB.
- Built to scale transactions while maintaining ACID.
- Scales to add capacity by simply adding nodes to the cluster.
Built-in High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Fault tolerant. Automatically recovers in the face of hardware or other failure.
- Maintains multiple copies of all your data, so no data is lost if a node is lost.
- Uses a simple SQL interface that is compatible with MySQL syntax.
- Includes a patented Rebalancer that automatically distributes data across the cluster (as a background process) to evenly distribute load. No user intervention is required.
- Performs distributed joins that do not require data to be broadcast.
We hope you find the ClustrixDB documentation helpful. For additional assistance, please visit our Community Support Forums.
What is ClustrixDB?
ClustrixDB is a scale-out SQL database built from the ground up with a distributed shared nothing architecture, automatic data redistribution (so you never need to shard), with built-in fault tolerance, all accessible by a simple SQL interface and support for business-critical MySQL features – replication, triggers, stored routines, etc.