ClustrixDB is available in multiple platforms, including an optimized Database Appliance, as Software installed on Commodity Hardware, and in AWS.
For many of the reasons described in the platform recommendation, the appliance is a much better solution than choosing your own commodity hardware. The main advantages are as follows:
- The NVRAM card guarantees full durability without any loss of performance.
- The NVRAM is also used to coalesce writes to the SSD to optimize performance and SSD durability by minimizing SSD write amplification. We have customers with very high traffic for over 3 to 4 years which are still running their original SSDs.
- The BOM and firmware in the appliance is controlled. Clustrix can provide spares over the lifetime of the product and guarantee to always work in your deployment. If a manufacturer makes a firmware change, Clustrix will test for compatibility or reprogram the part with matching firmware until the new firmware revision is validated.
- Since the BOM is controlled, Clustrix works with the manufacturers to monitor the product roadmap and develops plans due to changes in the product life cycle and product roadmap.
- The Appliance has a guaranteed supply chain. Clustrix works with suppliers to ensure that we can build the appliance regardless of industry events and shortages.
- The appliance is used in our QA testbed and is tested on every release.
- Appliance platform validation includes thermal testing over the specified environmental range of the product, Regulatory (EMI, EMC, power transient, etc.) and Safety testing/approvals.
The following table highlights some of benefits of the Clustrix Appliance:
Benefits of the ClustrixDB Appliance
|Benefits of the Clustrix Database Appliance||Benefits of Clustrix + Commodity Hardware or in AWS|
|Ease of Use|
See also Comparison of ClustrixDB Platforms
Clustrix Appliance History
New releases for the Clustrix Database Appliance follow the Intel Microarchitecture releases. The following figure illustrates the history of Clustrix Appliance SKUs:
More information about each Series
The Clustrix CLX 4220 database appliance doubles the processing and capacity (i.e. to 2.1TB SSD) of the previous generation appliance. The system is based upon Intel’s Sandy Bridge-EP Micro Architecture.
The Clustrix CLX 4110 database appliance increases the processing and lowers the power consumption of the previous generation appliance. The system is based upon Intel’s Westmere-EP Micro Architecture.
For information on pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org